hiérache, one of the regions of the
Aisne department is
in the heart of the country, nature and history. Its countryside
is composed of forests and woodland, a preserved environment where
a thousand treasures await you: it is the country of fortified
churches constructed in the XVI century; charming villages where
greenery and traditional brick offer a palette of lush colours.
Thiérache is an area of tradition, which lends itself to
authentic short and long visits for a total change of scenery &
Close to Auberge de la Forêt :
- Several nature walks and routes.
- Forest with lake and fishing.
- Ornamental lake at Nouvion-en-Thiérarche.
- Cheese fair and La Capelle racecourse
- The town of Maroilles
- The village of Leschelles, with its castle and Thiérache
- The fortified churches of Chigny and Esquéhéries.
A little further away :
- The hilly countryside of Thiérache and its forests
- Axe Vert, ideal for hikes, horse riding and bicycle rides
- Discovery of Oise by canoe with "Thiérache
Sport Nature "
- The Godin Cooperative at Guise
- The chateau-fort of the
- 65 Thiérache fortified
churches including those of Wilmy,
Beaurain, Saint-Algis, Autreppes &
- Fourmies ecomuseum.
- Saint-Michel-en-Thiérarche abbey, and its music festival
- Textile House at Fresnoy-le-grand.
- Matisse museum, at Cateau-Cambrésis
- Vallée aux Cerfs: stag park.
- La Maison d'Antan: furniture, decoration.
To discover more details on our region on the
- La Thiérache : www.terascia.com
- L'Aisne : www.evasion-aisne.com
- La Picardie : www.picardietourisme.com and www.picardieweb.com
At the same time discover our partners's websites
Hotel - Restaurant
Auberge de la Forêt
Route Nationale 43 - 02170 - Le Nouvion-en-Thiérache
Tel. +33(0)3 23 97 33 04